Simple WFC Energization Circuit by Alex Petty

I have been working for many years on Meyer’s and Puharich’s Water Fuel Cell implementations. Over the course of those years, I have had many  people ask me about a good way to energize the water fuel cell.

At various times, especially in recent years, I have found myself being fairly guarded on many of the technical details of my work. A few recent factors in my life have renewed my sense of the importance and value of open source engineering for game changing technologies such as Meyer’s Water Fuel Cell.  I have therefore recommitted myself to moving forward from this point with 100% transparency and will hence  foster a spirit of total cooperation with all other open source researchers out there working on these technologies.

So, in response to those of you who want to build a cell but  feel that you do not have enough knowledge in electronics to get started, I here present to you the simplest analog circuit that I have designed for the purpose  of  pulsing water fuel cells.

To adjust the frequency of your circuit into the resonant condition,  switch out  capacitor C2. You can use the following equation to get you into the ball park.

The resonant frequency for this case is given by:

\omega_0 = \sqrt {\frac{1}{LC}-\frac{1}{(RC)^2}}
To use the equation, you will need to know the inductance of L1,  the capacitance of C5 and the resistance your water poses to the charge that is trying to move between the plates of C5. Once you have calculated the resonant frequency, you then select a capacitor for C2 that will output square waves at this frequency. If you are unsure how to do this, just trial and error with a oscilloscope and watch for peak amplitudes on your pulses. (If you don’t  have an oscilloscope, get one. It is an indispensable tool for this work.)
After you have “dialed in” to the resonant frequency for your circuit, you can add C3 (for the gate timing). This allows the water capacitor some time so it can discharge in order that it can then cycle the step charging process over and over again. The off-time provided by the gate also allows solitons to arise between the plates of C5.
Meyer-type WFC Energization Circuit designed by Alex Petty

Meyer-type WFC Energization Circuit designed by Alex Petty

Below is a link to the PDF file for the schematic above.

I am also including a photo of a breadboard on which I have implemented the above circuit. My hope is that this will give those of you who need it a better feel for mapping the schematic to actual physical connections.

Alex Petty's Simple Form WFC Energization Circuit

Alex Petty's Simple Form WFC Energization Circuit

The view in the scope of the gating frequency at breadboard column 3 (the 3rd connection column from the left), at D15 (on U3) should look as given below:

Gating frequency

Gating frequency

The view in the scope of the resonant frequency at breadboard column 3 (the 3rd connection column from the left), at D16 (on U3) should look as given below:

Resonate Frequency Pulses

Resonate Frequency Pulses

The view in the scope of the gated resonant frequency at breadboard column 3, D30 should look as given below:

Gated resonant pulse train @ 3.32ms per block

Gated resonant pulse train @ 3.32ms per block

A higher time resolution scope view of the gated resonant frequency seen at Col.3, D30 should look as below:

Gated resonant pulse train @ 1.66ms per block

Gated resonant pulse train @ 1.66ms per block

If the VIC hardware is well constructed, and the given circuit is well tuned to that hardware, then the amplitude of the waveform you will see arise between L2 and C5 will show instantaneous voltages well above 40kV and higher. This is what facilitates the “electrical polarization process” effect.

This information I have just given you is the answer to often asked question about what is the capacitance (or some other parameter) of a Meyer cell. The fact is, the specific values of the components are less important then the knowledge that your real goal is to cause the cell to pulse in a resonant condition. By resonance, I am specifically referring to that condition which occurs when the capacitive reactance of C5  equals  inductive reactance of L1 (and by extension, L2). This “resonant frequency” is dependent only on the characteristics of the electronic components in use, including the resistance value of your water dielectric.

Please feel free to share this design and use it however you wish as I am placing it into the public domain. If you re-post it, please include attribution to me and a link back to my blog. (Thank you for that.)

I hope you find this to be helpful.

11 Responses to “Simple WFC Energization Circuit by Alex Petty”

1. J~ says:

Open loop ? The capacitance of the cell will change drastically as hydrogen and oxygen bubbles accumulate and basically de-tune itself. I see two solutions to this
    1) Add feedback and close the loop to keep the circuit resonant
    2) If the frequency characteristics of this effect can be sufficiently modeled it may be possible to create a ramp of the base frequency which closely follows the close loop response and keep the circuit open loop.

J~

2. Alex says:

@ J~
    This simple circuit is for basic testing and to help people build experience on the principles. My own experience is that the resonant frequency does not fall off very much at all even while the circuit is producing gas – though I have never produced truly massive amounts of gas either. I do agree that having a feedback based frequency control system in place is an important requirement for a more rigorous production level system and I will begin publishing schematics and photos of those circuits as well.

3. Energy cares says:

Hi alex, Thank you for your wonderful info….

I am an electrical engineer currently hooked with WFC research. I have seen some other circuit on net designed by Dr.Crompton which has the automatic frequency regulation by the method of Phase Locked Loop.

The circuit is:

The circuit can be viewed in the page:

I tried to stimulate the circuit using multisim, but cannot do so as multisim does not have some IC components as in the circuit. Still I cannot understand the circuit how it works. If you want, take a look at the circuit and it will be better if you come up with the explanation.

4. Jay says:

Energy cares,

I also saw the circuit by cramston. I even purchased the circuit from courtiestown.co.uk, and it never worked. It is a joke – do not waste your time like I did. I believe it was never meant to work, but to ‘wear out’ and discourage water cell experimenters. Dr. Cramston, like all others, has been very tight-lipped on his actual setup, and these ‘fake’ circuits are spread throughout the web to discourage the masses. I appreciate this website, for we need actual researchers willing to provide full disclosure. This not only speeds up development, but creates a multi-point source, preventing personal threats and actions due to the widespread placement of designs. Thanks for creating this site!

5. Jay says:

Alex,

Again thanks for posting this setup – I will be trying this as well. Any suggestions on the windings for the VIC xfmr? Will a microwave transformer do – or is a custom wound one best? If so, how many turns, AWG wire did you use, etc? Thanks for taking the time to post all this stuff! Many good ideas die due to not being shared.

6. Alex says:

@Jay
    You are quite welcome! Let’s get’r done! The world needs a better fuel source then the poison currently being used in our gas tanks.

7. Alex says:

@Jay
    custom coils is best in my opinion. start getting good at winding transformers and coils yourself, this will open up your own intuitive feel for the tuning of your circuit. you will learn a lot more by getting a handle on this piece i believe.
    I use AWG 24 and 32 on the primary and secondary respectively. I use 24 on L1 and L2. Winding on a soft iron core is fine in my opinion. you can get powdered ferrite cores which will give you stronger fields and better frequency handling in higher ranges, but i don’t see this as necessary since your cell will operate in the audio range. maybe later move to more advanced cores, but for starters, you’ll find soft iron is easier to source.
    -alex

8. Jay says:

Thanks for the reply! I will definitely try it out – how many turns of each have you tried? I assume if I can get a larger primary to secondary ratio, I can create some larger voltages also. Thanks!

9. Alex says:

@Jay
    I have tried many ratios as required for testing.
    It is true that the turns ratio (and ratio of resistances) imparts voltage step-up (or step down depending on charge flow direction)
    Direction of the windings relative to each other is also an important consideration.
    -Alex